JAWS, Job Access With Speech, is the world's most popular screen reader, developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content or navigating with a mouse. JAWS provides speech and Braille output for the most popular computer applications on your PC.
- Two multi-lingual synthesizers: Eloquence and Vocalizer Expressive
- Talking installation
- Built-in free DAISY Player and full set of DAISY-formatted basic training books
- Works with Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and much more
- Supports Windows® 8.1 and Windows 10, including touch screens and gestures
- Support for MathML content presented in Internet Explorer that is rendered with MathJax
- Fast information look-up at your fingertips with Research It
- Convenient OCR feature provides access to the text of PDF documents, even those with scanned images that are reported as empty documents by screen readers
- Save time with Skim Reading
- The only Windows screen reader to provide contracted Braille input from your Braille keyboard
- Fully compatible with MAGic, screen magnification software, and OpenBook, scanning and reading program
- JAWS Tandem available for free to help with support and training
- Optional support for Citrix, Terminal Services, and Remote Desktop
- Powerful scripting language to customize the user experience on any application
- Includes drivers for all popular Braille displays
- Includes voices for over 30 different languages
- JAWS Home Edition (Non-Commercial Use Only) can be used with all 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista along with Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
- JAWS Professional can be used with all 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista along with Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
A Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) is the most economical way to keep current with the latest versions of JAWS for Windows. SMA holders receive two consecutive upgrades at 50 percent off the regular upgrade price. Additionally, they can download the upgrade directly from our Web site.
Remote Access Option
JAWS is also available with an option to add Remote Access (RA). Remote access provides support for Remote Desktop, Terminal Server, and software like Citrix Program Neighborhood allowing you to establish a connection from your computer to another computer and run programs as if you were sitting at that computer’s keyboard. Contact us for more details.
Multi-user buying options are available. They may be purchased in blocks of five seats in all cases. Contact us for more details.
- Site License: Specifically designed for educational institutions, public libraries, and organizations whose sole purpose is to better the lives of the visually impaired. The Site License may only be used at one designated location.
- District License: Also designed for educational institutions, public libraries, and organizations whose sole purpose is to better the lives of the visually impaired. This license allows the institution to install the software at more than one facility.
- Enterprise License: Tailored to meet the needs of private businesses and government agencies. The enterprise license may be installed in multiple locations, but may only be used on machines owned by the specified company or agency.