What is the Voice Sense?
The Voice Sense is a notetaker with a Braille keyboard (Perkins type keyboard) and text to voice output. The Voice Sense comes with a file manager, word processor, DAISY player, media player, internet browser, and messenger. It is a small device, making it practical and easy to carry.
Features of Voice Sense
File Manager is the top feature on the Voice Sense. It is similar to the Windows file manager so it is easy to manage all files, folders, and disks.
- Make folders and change a folder and file name
- Copy, move, delete, cut and paste
- File protection to avoid unintended changing
- Check information of folders, files, and disks.
- Execute file immediately
You can easily create, edit, and print various types of documents using the Perkins keyboard and in the Word Processor.
- Supported formats: HBL(Braille Sense format), DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT, BRL, BRF
- You can read and edit documents without any conversion. Documents can be saved as different formats.
- Documents can be printed by an embosser or printer.
The DAISY player provides various functions to read DAISY files.
- Supported formats: Daisy 2.0/2.02, ANSI/NISO Z39.86(Daisy 3.0), NIMAS, Bookshare.org
- Play and pause
- Change the playback speed and volume. You can adjust it regardless of the TTS volume.
- Check playback information total time, remaining time, elapsed time, total page, and current page.
- Announces remaining page and the number of marks of current Daisy content.
- Move to next or previous phrase and section.
- Move to a certain page, upper or lower level, the next or previous heading.
- Move to the heading
- Set and delete the mark. Move to the previous or next set mark.
Live chatting (MSN Messenger)
It has a very similar structure to MSN Messenger. It is very useful for chatting between PC and Voice Sense users through the internet.
- Login, chat, add and delete friends, check status, and change screen name.
- Invite people from the list and save messages.
You can send and receive e-mails with sighted people using real time translation between Braille and text.
- Send and receive e-mails.
- Read html format
You can surf the web, read news, and search the dictionary.
- Surf the web and read news
- Add favorite websites and save them as html files
- Fast moving features the units to move by link, control, and table etc.
- Download all the files from the link
Easily-accessible audio buttons and playback of media are powerful features on the Voice Sense.
- Supported formats: MP3, MP4, WAV, ASF, OGG, WMA, M3U, Audible(AA, AAX), WMV, FLAC, MID
- Set sound effects: BassBoost, Surround, 3D Effect, Reverb, Ech
- Recording settings: Changing record source, sample rate and bits per channel
- Make a playlist and play saved playlists
- Set and delete up to 1,000 marks per one file. Move to set mark.
Connecting to a PC
You can transfer files back and forth with a computer via USB cable, USB stick, and CF memory. You can also share via e-mail.
- Address manager, schedule manager
- Calendar, clock, and calculator
- Screen reader synchronizing with PC
- A variety of options for user preference
- Online help
Via Braille display
- It can be connected with a Braille cell display for voice and Braille output.
- Perfectly compatible with SyncBraille.
English (US), English (UK), German, French, Italy, Dutch, Spanish, Swedish, Korean, Japanese
Technical Specifications of Voice Sense
|Battery||Rechargeable and detachable battery|
|Braille display||External Braille display [sold separately] : 20 cells|
|Network||Wireless LAN, Bluetooth|
|Interface||USB OTG, CF slot, SD slot|
|Audio output||Stereo speakers, Earphone jack|
|Audio input||Internal condenser microphone, Microphone jack|
|Size||18.8cm(W)×7.7cm(D)×2.5cm(H) / 7.4″(W) x 3.0″(D) x 0.94″(H)|
|Weight||266g / 0.58 lbs|